Cheryl Lynn Eaton is and will always be a lover of books. A Tri-State Area native (and now safely nestled in the outskirts of Atlanta), she has contributed to pop culture sites, held court as founder of the Ormes Society, maintained a position as an editor for an academic press, written for comic publications and prose anthologies, served as an editorial intern for Publishers Weekly, worked as a teaching assistant for Middlesex County College, and was employed as a comic-shop clerk in her early youth. Whew! Popular culture? She knows it. Black culture? She is steeped in it. The written word? She tames it. She is available for editorial work, ghostwriting, contributions as a columnist, and creative consultations. And she rarely refers to herself in the third person.
Press & Notations
A small sampling of links around the Web to articles about and notable mentions of Cheryl Lynn Eaton.
- Bitch Planet Short Stories Coming, from Cheryl Lynn Eaton and Maria Fröhlich
- #WomenInMediaMonth Day 13: Interview with Cheryl Lynn
- A Thoroughly Modern Digital Woman: Cheryl Lynn Eaton
- African-American Women Take on the Comic Book Industry
- Black Captain America Leading Comic Book Diversity
- Black Women Get Serious about Comics
- Having Our Say: Black Women Discuss Imagery
- Female Artists in the Comic Book Industry
- The Ormes Society Supports African-American Women In Comics
- Women’s History Month: Influential Women Working in Comics
Podcasts & Video
Links to panels and audio commentary featuring Cheryl Lynn Eaton.
Work Samples: Articles & Commentary
A brief selection of Cheryl Lynn’s non-fiction work online.
- Furious Five with Jeff Parker: The Emerald City Comicon Edition
- Furious Five with Joe Keatinge: The Emerald City Comicon Edition
- Can Frank Ocean’s Truth Dispel Misogyny in Hip-Hop?
- Comics at Book Expo America 2012
- Dragon Con, Day One–Friday Night Bites!
- Dragon Con, Day Two–A New Adventure!
- Comics and Black Culture at ECBACC
Around the Web
Cheryl Lynn can be found in myriad places under one or two handles—but always with her full name in view! Links to the most popular social networking sites can be found to the left. However, here are a few lesser-known locations. If it’s not listed here? It’s not Cheryl Lynn Eaton!