Y’know what General Hospital needs? What-if weeks. What’s that? Let me explain. A what-if week would be a week where General Hospital would tell a radically different story based on something that had been altered in the past.
- What if Jason Quartermaine had never suffered brain damage?
- What if Carly had stayed with A.J.?
- What if Brenda had married Jax?
- What if Jason Morgan had given up the mob for Liz and Jake?
- What if Ethan had been a Scorpio?
- What if Luke had bedded a Cassadine and sired a child?
The alternate story would wrap up within five days and then General Hospital could go back to its regular story. The show could put out one to three what-if weeks a year as a way to keep writers from suffering from burnout and to test new couples and potential storylines without angering the core audience.
What could it hurt?